What should we bring?
- Football/Hurling Camogie gear + SF jerseys
- Comfortable shoes - CYC can involve a good amount of walking/standing
- Travel First-aid kit, advil, etc.
- Cooling towels, mini-fans, sun umbrellas <= Chicago can be hot and humid late July
- Phone, chargers for phone
- Sunscreen, hats, visors, lip balm, sunglasses
- blankets, towels to sit on or mini-chairs
- Swim gear - hotel has indoor pool
- Book or earphones for the 30 minute bus rides each day to/from fields
- Cash, ATM card, credit card, ID
- Purchase water, fruit, snacks after landing for hotel/bus/fields. Hint: Breakfast foods in room are handy if always running behind. Late night snacks/water, too.
What about food/drink at fields?
-there will be water at field for all players and coaches
-there will be food and beverage for sale - basic fair food
-you can pack a lunch if you want - no alcohol or glass on fields
-there is clubhouse bar on-site, presumably open
What if we want to go sightseeing in downtown Chicago?
-Kids are exhausted at end of day with 8am games next day
-The CYC games are in a suburb of Chicago. Recommendation is to extend your stay by a day or two + stay in downtown hotels before/after CYC. Some families with teens will extend and visit Chicago area colleges.
If you have any questions on travel, please contact IFHYL board member Mark Burke at